Fresh homemade rose water

Rose water at home, sounds interesting? That too, if it is with the fresh petals about to fall off. Yeah, it is easy to make & with very satisfying result. You can get it in an hour. It is fragrant, fresh & with attractive colour.
Now, your question may be on the uses and benefits of rose water. Right, it has numerous benefits nutritionally as well as therapeutically! Worldwide, Rose petals are being used since ancient times for its healing properties. It is very rich in vitamin C & antioxidants. It is believed that, the rose aroma relieves stress & anxiety. It is used in the treatment of mouth ulcers, constipation because of the cooling property. It is a secret ingredient of the beauty industry. It improves the health of hair and skin, works as skin cleanser.  It is suggested to consume orally in the form of tea or gulkand (rose petal jam) as well as use externally to wash the face &skin.
So, it is the time to use the rose petals in your garden, which is pesticide free! Good if you have the fragrant variety.  


I used 2-3 varieties of roses in my garden, result is great. I am very happy to receive positive feedback from my friend & neighbor to whom I shared this rose water!
Rose petals/ extract can be used in many desserts such as ice cream, milkshake, flavored yogurt, baking, and tea or in the form of rose water.  Look here for the recipe of Fresh rose petal milkshake.


Here is the method to prepare fresh rose water. 
Preparation Time: 30 minutes – 1 hour
Yield: 100ml/ 1 cup rose water
Ingredients:
Fresh rose petals – 1 cup, preferred fragrant variety
Water – 1 cup
Sieve/ Strainer

Method:
  • Collect the rose petals which are pesticide free. Clean and discard the stem part. Check if any bug/ insects found, discard the petals having bugs. Wash under running water.
  • Now pour the filtered water in a vessel, bring to a boil.
  • Add the cleaned rose petals to boiling water. Switch off the stove & cover the vessel with a lid.
  • Set this aside for 1 hour.
  • Strain the rose water to collect only the water and discard the petals.
  • Store fresh rose water in a glass jar. It can be stored in refrigerator.
Notes:
  • This water can be used to mix your regular face pack.
  • It can be used to wash face or feet for softer skin. Or even it can be added in the bathing water too!
  • Add this rose water with 2 mugs of warm water in a tub, dip your feet for 5-10 minutes and dry. This will give you better result in repairing cracked heels.
  • If you are using it in food, then choose the rose variety which is not bitter.
  • Most important: People with allergic & sensitive skin type should use this with caution as few individuals show allergic reaction to rose. In that case one can get skin rashes.

Comments

  1. Thank you So much. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am going away to do my breakfast, when having my
    breakfast coming again to read other news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. Looking forward for continued support.

      Delete
  3. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you
    relied on the video to make your point. You
    clearly know what youre talking about, why waste
    your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something informative to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, actually I don't post videos, just pics.thanks anyway

      Delete
  4. I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him
    as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty.

    You are amazing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?

    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I haven't done anything specific than using social networking sites for promotion.
      Keep posting original content on regular basis. You will get good traffic

      Delete
  6. I pay a quick visit every day a few blogs and websites to read articles or reviews, except this webpage provides feature
    based writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the motivating comment & your time visiting my blog. Please keep reading, supporting & trying my recipes too!

      Delete
  7. Hi, I log on to your new stuff on a regular basis.
    Your humoristic style is witty, keep doing what you're
    doing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just like the helpful info you supply for your articles.
    I'll bookmark your blog and check again right here regularly.

    I am fairly sure I'll be told plenty of new stuff right right here!
    Good luck for the following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton.. I am feeling blessed to have readers like you

      Delete
  9. This is a topic which is near to my heart... Cheers!

    Where are your contact details though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am happy that you liked the topic I write.. Please try my simple recipes too..
      You can email me @ sahajaisiri@gmail.com or you can contact us through contact form place in main menu

      Delete
  10. I will right away take hold of your rss as I can not find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service.

    Do you've any? Please let me recognise in order that I could subscribe.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, As of now you can hit follow button (right menu of the webpage) or in the page bottom (if using mobile phone) to get email notification. Yet to work on newsletters!

      Delete
  11. I was able to find good information from your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your website, how could i subscribe
    for a blog website? The account aided me a applicable deal.
    I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided bright transparent concept

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you wish for to take a good deal from this article then you
    have to apply such strategies to your won web site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment